The Soil Health Partnership released its 2017 Soil Health Field Day schedule.
Soil Health Field Days will be held throughout the summer and fall months, within the Soil Health Partnerships network of more than 100 farms. Field days are open for registration in Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio and Nebraska.
At the field days, experts will discuss how changing nutrient management and tillage strategies, as well as cover crop adoption can make farmland more productive, efficient and sustainable. Soil Health Partnership and National Corn Growers Association Director of Soil Health and Sustainability Nick Goeser said agronomists and farmers could takeaway valuable information from the field day events.
“We know local information is most relevant to agronomists and other farmers, and this is a unique chance to learn from neighbors and other experts about what has worked in your area,” Goeser said.
In addition, Goeser said protecting and improving soil is one of the best opportunities for increased yield potential, water quality, erosion control and carbon mitigation.
The following is a list of field days:
- July 12 – Cinnamon Ridge Dairy Soil Health Field Day (Donahue, IA)
- July 12 – Gaesser Soil Health Field Day (Corning, IA)
- July 13 – Carter Soil Health Round Table (Audubon, IA)
- July 19 – Bertness Soil Health Field Day (Sioux Rapids, IA)
- July 26 – Dial Soil Health Round Table (Lake City, IA)
- August 22 – Bartman Soil Health Field Day (Rock Valley, IA)
- August 30 – Mueller Soil Health Field Day (Waverly, IA)
More field days will be added throughout the summer months. For a list of field days and additional event details, visit www.soilhealthpartnership.org.